Your Community Your Police, Your Views !!
New style public meetings will be taking place throughout November. They will be 'meet and greet' events that will give residents open access to those spearheading the fight against crime in Derbyshire.
Local residents are invited to attend these Public Engagement Events which have been organised by Derbyshire Police Authority and Derbyshire Constabulary and will familiarise you with the changes affecting the Constabulary as well as provide an opportunity for you to put questions to those directly tasked with protecting the public including Chief Constable Mick Creedon and Philip Hickson, chairman of the Police Authority.
To ensure that the budget balances and every possible resource is used most effectively, further organisational change will take place over the next 12 months. Attendees will be given an insight into what this means and how the current high performance will be protected. In addtion, further information on national changes will be provided, including the introduction of directly-elected Police and Crime Commisioners and the launch of the 101 non-emergency telephone number.
All the meetings are from 7pm to 9pm, however tea, coffee and biscuits will be available from 6.30pm so it would be helpful if you could let us know if you would like to attend by calling 01773 733771 or e-mailing:email@example.com stating which venue you plan to attend.
The dates and venues are as follows:
- Wednesday 2nd November - Swadlincote Council Chamber, Civic Way, Swadlincote
- Wednesday 9th November - Darwin Suite, Assembly Rooms, Derby
- Thursday 10th November - Council Chamber, Town Hall, Derby Road, Long Eaton
- Monday 14th November - The Winding Wheel, Holywell Street, Chesterfield
- Thursday 17th November - Council Offices, Sherwood Lodge, Oxcroft Lane, Bolsover
- Monday 21st November - The Railway Hotel, 22 Bridge Street, Buxton
- Tuesday 22nd November - Bakewell Agricultural Business Centre, Agricultural Way, Bakewell
- Monday 28th November - Belper Football Club, Christchurch Meadow, Bridge Street, Belper
- Tuesday 29th November - Dronfield Civic Centre, Dronfield
There is no need to advise if you are unable to attend. However, if you do accept and then find you are not able to come, please let us know.